Tuesday 12 March 2013

Wave goodbye

It's time to leave
Until tomorrow
Just one more kiss
I really must go

  But it's been so nice
  Don't leave so soon
  I'll miss you when you go
  Stay, there's room

No, I have to leave
But I'll be back quick
Don't ask so much
You know I can't stick

  But here I'm stuck
  Whilst you come and go
  It's so frustrating
  Do you even try to know?

Do you even try to feel
What it's like to keep on?
Going here and there
You think it's all fun

   You waves are the kings
   Going as you please
   Leaving us behind
   There'll be no reprieve

I give up, you won't change
You pebbles so stubborn
This is why it won't work
It causes us all frustration

   Wave goodbye then
   Don't hesitate
Bye my pebble
Thanks for the date

   xxxxxx
  
A poem inspired by the image and linked up at Magpie Tales.

6 comments:

Berowne said...

Quite imaginative and very entertaining; thanks.

Tess Kincaid said...

Love your creative take on the waves..."my pebble" made me smile...

Truedessa said...

I enjoyed this one I hear the inner conversation..

Strummed Words said...

I like this conversation between the waves and the pebbly shore. Very creative.

Little Nell said...

This is amusing Emma. Well done. It reminded me of the saying. 'There are plenty more pebbles on the beach, but I chose you because you were a little boulder!'

Cait O'Connor said...

Very clever and creative.